We are living in extraordinary times and the pace of news and knowledge is changing our daily lives. Over the last few days, Dr. Guy Worsdall and I have exchanged emails regarding Coronavirus and the sportive but also more generally about club life.
We, the committee are responding to this guidance and expert input from Guy in the following way:-
- We have cancelled the sportive and advised British Cycling accordingly. Not surprisingly, we are not alone in taking these actions. Refunds are being made to the non-members who had enrolled.
- With immediate effect, we are suspending all cub rides until further notice.
- All planned initiatives for the next three months are suspended.
- The committee meetings will be by email only until further notice.
- The First Aid course is cancelled.
For most of us, the club is a community of friends and it should and will become an important platform to play a societal role in helping each other and those in the more vulnerable groups through this crisis.
Please continue to use our members’ Facebook page to keep in touch with us. We will get through this and be back on the road in our groups enjoying the activity and sport we love. But first we must play our part in getting through this awful time.
Exercise and remaining healthy is clearly important!
Stay safe, keep healthy